Today, I presented at the Midwest Educational Technology Conference #METC17 where I had the honor to be awarded as a Spotlight Educator. I also had the meaningful experience to present on Engaging Students and Families on Twitter and Instagram and will present again tomorrow on Digital Storytelling with my dear friend Don Goble.
During my Spotlight presentation today, I was brought to tears. I saw current colleagues, former colleagues, personal friends, friends I have networked with on social media, and beyond who attended my session to be there for me. Even my Mom’s fantastic former boss attended my session to cheer me on. While I saw these friendly faces, I was reminded and humbled of how grateful I am to have such a strong support system and network who support me, care about me, and who are always there to lift me up.
Therefore, from inspiration at #METC17, I wanted to share 17 of my friends in the Midwest who you NEED to follow, in no particular order. These are genuine people and educators, inside and out; Learn and grow from them by following them on Twitter.
Click the hyperlink next to the name to go directly to that person’s Twitter profile.
- Don Goble – @dgoble2001
- Brent Catlett – @catlett1
- Sage Arnote- @mrarnote
- JP Prezzavento – @jpprezz
- Laura Gilchrist – @lauragilchrist4
- Julie Smith – @julnilsmith
- David Geurin – @davidgeurin
- Beth Houf – @bethhouf
- Lauren Mertz – @mslaurenmertz
- Tina Lauer – @tnalau
- Aaron Duff – @education_geek
- Christie Scott – @mrsscott503
- Mary Kienstra – @beebekienstra
- Mindy Southern – @mindysouth
- Michelle Dirksen – @mdirksen
- Stacey Stubits – @stubits411
- Debbie Fucoloro – @debbiefuco